Our research project, Documenting Market Driven Displacement, aims to look at market driven displacement in cities in North America and in the Global South. Our group members will be travelling in the late spring to Karachi, Beijing, Washington D.C., Dhaka, and Delhi, while some research will also be done in Toronto. We will be documenting past and present land development initiatives which have contributed to the displacements of vulnerable residents and workers in these areas. We aim to document displacement caused by both public and private land development projects within these cities.
Working Group Members
- Zixian Liu (Graduate Representative) – PhD in History
- Amelia Ellis (Undergraduate Representative) – Bachelor in Urban Studies and French
- Sabahat Zehra – Master's in Art History
- Purbita Sengupta – PhD in Political Science
- Nushrat Jahan – PhD in Planning