Urban Career Expo: Talent and Career Fair
When and Where
Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
In collaboration with the University of Toronto's Urban Studies Program, Centre for Community Partnerships and Career Exploration and Education, the School of Cities invites U of T students to its first Urban Career Expo: Talent and Career Fair.
Join us for a unique opportunity to meet and network with urban leaders, community champions, city-builders and leading professionals across a range of urban-focused fields and sectors in government, public and private sectors.
- Explore a range of innovative career pathways and internship opportunities;
- Share your creative and change-making work and aspirations with an interdisciplinary group of undergraduate and graduate students;
- Learn from our inspiring speakers and benefit from enriching cross-sector networking and professional development.
- Sabina Ali, Chair, Thorncliffe Park Women’s Committee
- Jehad Aliweiwi, Executive Director, Laidlaw Foundation
- Marissa Campbell, Program Coordinator, Canadian Roots Exchange
- Fabio Crespin, Manager Youth Initiatives, United Way Greater Toronto
- Michael Genova, Director, Corporate and Strategic Communications City of Vaughan
- Ümit Kiziltan, Director General, Research and Evaluation, Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Mary-Margaret McMahon, Director of Community, Sidewalk Labs
- Kristin Olsen, Manager, Transportation Policy, Metrolinx
- Jay Pitter, Placemaker, Author
- Michael Sutherland, Director Urban Solutions, Hatch
- Dave Telka, Managing Director, Canada Health and Public Sector Cities and Digital Lead, Accenture Canada
- Dr. Pooja Viswanathan, CEO and Co-founder, Braze Mobility
And over 15 organizations for networking and mix and mingle sessions.
If you require accommodation(s), please email us prior to the event to make appropriate arrangements.
Prof. Marieme Lo, Associate Director, Education