Zoom Meeting link: Zoom link will be sent to registered guests.
The Institute for Pandemics (IfP) initiative will link, coordinate, and support researchers across disciplines and Divisions at the University of Toronto to confront the challenges posed by pandemics through innovative, cutting-edge research. A central theme for the IfP is pandemic recovery. A key research goal for the pandemic recovery theme is to better understand the range of negative health impacts of COVID-19 and of our efforts to contain the pandemic at a population level, with a focus on health inequities. The IfP hopes this research will help inform and target the interventions and policies that constitute the roadmap for effective and equitable COVID-19 pandemic recovery.
The purpose of this event is to listen for direction to help define and clarify the research agenda for the Institute for Pandemics recovery theme. The session will provide an opportunity for you to hear the perspectives of panelists from different sectors – healthcare, public health, academia and not-for profit community organizations – as part of a moderated panel discussion. This discussion will be broadened by opening the floor to questions from those in attendance – this will include both a small in-person audience as well those who will be attending online.
We will record the event and catalogue the questions and comments made online. A report based on the event will be made public and circulated for comment. The document and comments will be used by the IfP recovery theme to guide its research agenda and engagement efforts.
4:30pm Welcome and Overview – Geoff Anderson
4:40pm Panelist Statements – Beverley Essue, Daniele Zanotti, Jessica Hopkins, Simone Vigod
5:10pm Moderated Discussion with Panel – Shauna Brail
5:25pm Facilitated questions from the audience – In person and online questions
5:55pm Summary and Next Steps – Geoff Anderson
- Dr. Beverley Essue, Associate Professor of Global Health, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Daniele Zanotti, President & CEO, United Way Greater Toronto
- Dr. Jessica Hopkins, Chief Health Protection and Emergency Preparedness Officer, Public Health Ontario
- Dr. Simone Vigod, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, and Head, Department of Psychiatry, and Shirley A. Brown Memorial Chair in Women’s Mental Health Research, Women’s College Hospital
Moderator and host
- Dr. Shauna Brail (moderator), Associate Professor, Institute for Management & Innovation, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Dr. Geoffrey Anderson (host), Professor, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto